Abstracts for the Annual Scientific Sessions of the SLCOG should conform to the following requirements.
- The presenting author is required to register before the sessions if the abstract is
selected for presentation.
- Underline the name of the presenting author. Names of all authors should be mentioned. Preference of presentation (Poster, Oral Presentation) should be indicated. Final Decision will be made by the Academic Committee.
- Please use the abstract format provided by the SLCOG and up load. The font should be Times New Roman, Font size 12. Please ensure that abstracts do not include graphs, tables or references.
- The abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by referees. The corresponding author will be informed of the results by 15th June 2017.
- All abstracts should reach the Honorary Secretary SLCOG Office, before 15.00 hours 4th June 2017. Late entries will not be accepted.
- The title of the abstract should be brief but adequately descriptive. If the abstract is for a case report the title should begin with: A case report of ….. (Font size 14, Times New Roman) The SLCOG reserves the right to modify the title where necessary.
- Author’s surname should precede the initial(s) or forename(s), but not by prefixes such as Mr, Dr or Professor. The institution(s) where the work was performed should be stated.
- The names of authors and place of work should be mentioned.
- The contact details of the corresponding author should be included.
- The text of the abstract should not exceed 400 words. It should be structured as follows:
- Design, setting and methods (including statistical methods where relevant)
For case reports to be structured as follows:
Structure of abstract for case studies